The week of April 21-28 is National Park week in US. A wonderful opportunity is offered by the National Park Service each year which creates the perfect catalyst to get out this spring to explore our national treasures. The entrance fees, are waived to all national parks Monday through Friday so what better way to see what your taxes have been protecting and enhancing. Take a picture, take a child, take a moment to share the great natural resources with someone who may be unfamiliar with our national park system. In Colorado we are fortunate to have at arms reach 4 great national parks and about twice as many national monuments. Just across the border into neighboring Utah, there are a handful more spectacular national park destinations. Here are a few destinations to consider:
- Rocky Mountain National Park, near Estes park and Grand Lake, CO
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park near Gunnison, CO
- Mesa Verde National Park near Cortez, CO
- Great Sand Dunes National Park near Alamosa, CO
- Colorado National Monument near Grand Junction, CO
- Dinosaur National Monument near Rangely, CO
- Florissant Fossil beds near Divide, CO
- And in Utah, Arches and Canyonlands National Park near Moab, UT.
- Have fun exploring this week.